Welcome to Lethal Gamers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

August

Regarding Jailbreak

14 posts in this topic

Recently we re-launched Jailbreak again, but after just 2 days it has come to our attention that there are quite a few bugs to work out. The issue is that Addicted has chosen to not give out his sourcecode (which is completely okay, he is the one who coded it by himself and has the right to do so, this is not a rag on him) however it makes it that much harder for us to debug and fix these issues without hacky fixes. Also, even if we did decide to band-aid these issues, it just doesn't make sense in the long run development plan to run our server in this fashion. 

So we have come to 2 conclusions that may be disheartening in the present but better for us as a community in the long run.

1) To truly have a server population take off after launch in 2017, you need to have custom mods and features. There is simply too much competition with quality servers to run a basic public plugin on and expect for it to go anywhere.

2) We have a committed developer that he himself has a past connection with Jailbreak which makes him the perfect man for the job! I would like to introduce @Rachnus, who will be taking on the role for development of this project. I have already had quite a few things done from him in the past and can vouch he is knowledgeable and fast. I will not give an exact ETA on the timing, but I will say I do not expect it to take relatively as long. 

I understand there are quite a few people here that have been waiting awhile for Jailbreak to really take off, but this is what really makes the most sense for us going forward. Hopefully you guys will not be too dissapointed as I reassure you we are committed to making this succesful. Thanks.

A bit disappointed since I wanted to try JB in this community, but good luck either way and hope you guys will have a geat JB community to come

8 hours ago, erik :] said:

have u offered addicted money

Youd rather have somebody be able to be 100% dedicated to it rather than one that is part of something else. Makes more sense this way :>

Here is the old thread with a lot of the features we will also be adding. 

Anybody can feel free to post in this thread any ideas regarding what else should be included here :^)

Maybe you should edit your post in the last bit and put, wont be accepting jailbreak admins right now till - whatever is fixed, simply because each day people keep applying even though you posted this. I mean its obvoius you wouldn't apply for a broken server, but for whatever reason, people keep applying. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor